Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm Baack!



I know that I haven't been posting to this here blog on a regular basis, but ... you know how it is? The weather gets nicer (meaning something above a temperature that freezes my eyeballs and causes my nose to leak) and I don't like to sit in front of my computer typing, unless there is a stipend involved, yes, I'm that shallow, but, anyway, I promise and you 14 followers are my witnesses ... that I will faithfully post something regarding the goings on in the LBWN surrounds every Friday. There. I said it. You can quote me.
So, what's been going on? Well, a lot: Streetscaping is coming, TownHomes are going to be built, Urban Ecology Center will be renovating an old building and bringing its ecological goodness to the area, Pedestrian access to the Hank Aaron Trail is set for construction this summer! Speaking of the Trail ... I took this picture a couple of days ago. Killdeer eggs. Right there on the gravel near the middle path, under the Viaduct. I wouldn't have even noticed them had my dog not gone in for a closer inpection. Oh, yeah, and speaking of my dog, to the two canoeists that he bounded into the river, after? I'm sorry. He's a Lab. Loves water. And I think he thought your canoe was a training dummy. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment